Lc0 v0.23.0 has been released
Update: we have a bugfix release v0.23.1, download here. It contains no chess-play-related changes, the bug was in training game generation code.
We have a new release today!
What’s new in the release:
- Support of Fischer Random Chess (
UCI_Chess960option to enable FRC-style castling). Also added support for FRC-compatible weight files, but no training code yet.
- New option
LogitQ). Changes subtree selection algorithm a bit, with a hope to win won positions faster (experimental, default off).
- Lc0 now reports WDL score. In addition to showing position score in
centipawns, also show probability of winning, losing, and drawing. To enable
--show-wdlcommand-line argument or
- DNNL BLAS builds is included in addition to OpenBLAS. It should be faster for modern CPUs (for older CPUs, OpenBLAS is still faster).
- OpenCL package now contains
check_opencltool which detects faulty OpenCL hardware or drivers.
- Added “Badgame split” mode during the training. After the engine makes inferior move due to temperature, the game is branched and later the game is replayed from the position of the branch.
- Added experimental
ShortSightedness) parameter. Treats longer variations as more “drawish”. If you want to try it, values around 0.02 are good as the first guess.
- Lc0 can now open Fat Fritz weight files.
- Time management code refactoring. No functional changes, but will make time management changes easier.
- Lc0 logo is now printed in red when Lc0 is run from command line! \o/
- Command line argument
-vis now short for
- Errors in
--backend-optsparameter syntax are now reported.
- The most basic version of “certainty propagation” feature (actually without “propagation” part). If the engine sees the checkmate in one, it plays it! (before it could play other good move).
- In benchmark mode, smart pruning is now disabled to add consistency between benchmark runs.
- Various small changes: hidden options to control Dirichlet noise, floating point optimizations, Better error reporting if there is exception in worker thread, better error messages in CUDA backend.
Posted by: crem<<< End of era Lc0 v0.24 has been released! >>>